2008年10月4日 星期六

2. You review your SWOT, and identify ways to innovate yourself. That is, you find ways and make plans to improve yourself. For example, what is your plan to improve your language, programming, and mathematical skills. Or how can you manage your time better. Search the web for advice (e.g., ehow).

When a review my SWOT, I can see that I have a few weaknesses. First of all, the biggest problem is the language problem. No matter the English, Chinese or Putonghua, it is difficult for me to learn. Usually, I am lag behind my classmates. Although it seems that there is a large barrier, it is a must for to break it down. As in the society, language is the utmost important factor for working. So, I need to improve it.

I have though of several ways to improve my language. Firstly, is about reading. Reading is essential for the language. Therefore, I should read more. May be to grow a reading habit that to read newspaper everyday, for both Chinese and English. For English, when I come across new vocabularies, I should note it down. Also, I should read some books, I have some books stored in my bookshelf. However, I merely read them. So I should plan a reading plan to force myself finishing them that I need to make use of time. For example, I can read books during using public transports, or public toilet. When the day passes by, my reading ability should me enhanced.

Secondly, is about listening, listen to what other people say is important too, which is an undividable part of communication. As a result, I need to practice listening skill. Not just hear what other’s say, but also should analysis its meaning in the same time. As a result, I have though of same ways to improve my listening skill. For example, I will watch more television drama series in foreign language. It is planned that I will watch the X-files for English and some Taiwan TV drama series for Putonghua. For this way, learning language will be more interesting and effective. Also, I will chat with more mainlanders and foreigners when I have chance. Since in the Chinese university of Hong Kong, I get more chance to interact with those kind of people, so I mustn’t miss this opportunity. Besides, there is a quite innovative way to learn English that I have though of, it is to find some passages and then speaking aloud while I record that by a computer at the same time. In this connection, I can improve my reading skills grammar, and speaking. When I play back the track, I can also practice my listening skills and review what I have learned in this passage.

沒有留言: